France has a modern healthcare service, highly prized worldwide and largely financed by the public national health insurance, with almost 30,000 medical professionals trained outside the borders.
Gaining the right to work in France, as an EU citizen consists of several administrative procedures to have your medical qualification recognized and your language assessed.
The main requirements for the registration with Le Conseil National de l’Ordre des Médecins for EEA Nationals are:
- Evidence of your primary medical qualification, according to the EEA Agreement
- Membership of a EEA Medical Chamber/Council
- EEA Compliance Certificate from the local authority in your country, according to the Directive 2005/36/EC
While no language certificate is officially demanded, one needs an upper intermediate French knowledge. Your candidacy to gain the legal right to practise will be subject to the evaluation by the Medical Authority in France and is determined further in a face-to-face interview with the representatives of the national medical body.
Why is France an attractive work destination for expats?
- For a highly functional healthcare system, with a universal insurance scheme.
- For a performant economy: ranking 6th among the world’s largest economies.
- For a good work-life balance: French living appears to be perfect for artists, gourmands, adventure seekers, shopping lovers, so why not enjoy life in a vibrant place?
- For higher living standards: the average annual salary for a Physician, is 70,000-120,000 Euro. Does this sound convincing?
Have you checked our current openings for Doctors, in central France? Send us your enquiry and one of our consultants will reach you.
Interesting sources of information that you may find useful for Career Options in France:
www.snpadhue.com – Le Syndicat National des Praticiens à Diplôme Hors Union Européenne
www.conseil-national.medecin.fr – Le Conseil National de l’Ordre des Médecins
www.ciep.fr/en/delf-dalf – Language training & certificates